My name is Renze Lou ( 楼仁泽 ), a first-year PhD student at Penn State University. I am glad to be supervised by Prof. Wenpeng Yin. Before PSU, I was an undergraduate at Zhejiang University City College, advised by Prof. Lin Sun.
My current research interest focuses on Large Language Models, Instruction Tuning and Agent 🤖. I am now actively seeking for Research Internship in 2024. Appreciate any opportunities or referrals!
- Oct. 2023: We released ✨✨ MUFFIN, a novel LLM-synthetic dataset for instruction tuning. Check it out on our project website 👈.
- Mar. 2023: 🔥🔥🔥 We released a comprehensive survey on Instruction Learning. Check it out on arXiv. The corresponding paper list (more than 160 papers) is also available on github.
- Feb. 2023: One paper accepted by ICASSP 2023. It was my first time supervising undergraduates through the whole project!
- Jan. 2023: Our group moved to Penn State University.
- Oct. 2022: One paper accepted by EMNLP 2022.
- Jun. 2022: Recieved Bachelor’s degree. Goodbye, ZUCC.
( * indicates equal contribution)
- Renze Lou, Kai Zhang, Jian Xie, Yuxuan Sun, Janice Ahn, Hanzi Xu, Yu Su, Wenpeng Yin. MUFFIN: Curating Multi-Faceted Instructions for Improving Instruction-Following. arXiv Preprint 2023.
- Jian Xie, Kai Zhang, Jiangjie Chen, Renze Lou, Yu Su. Adaptive Chameleon or Stubborn Sloth: Unraveling the Behavior of Large Language Models in Knowledge Conflicts. arXiv Preprint 2023.
- Renze Lou, Kai Zhang, Wenpeng Yin. Is Prompt All You Need? No. A Comprehensive and Broader View of Instruction Learning. arXiv Preprint 2023.
[Paper]; [Paper List]
- Renze Lou and Wenpeng Yin. Forget Demonstrations, Focus on Learning from Textual Instructions. arXiv Preprint 2023.
- Xiaojie Gu, Renze Lou, Lin Sun, Shangxin Li. PAGE: A Position-Aware Graph-Based Model for Emotion Cause Entailment in Conversation. In ICASSP 2023.
- Yuanhe Tian, Renze Lou, Xiangyu Pang, Lianxi Wang, Shengyi JIANG and Yan Song. Improving English-Arabic Transliteration with Phonemic Memories. In EMNLP-Findings 2022.
- Weicheng Ma, Renze Lou , Kai Zhang, Lili Wang and Soroush Vosoughi. GradTS: A Gradient-Based Automatic Auxiliary Task Selection Method Based on Transformer Networks. In EMNLP 2021.
- Weicheng Ma*, Kai Zhang*, Renze Lou, Lili Wang and Soroush Vosoughi. Contributions of Transformer Attention Heads in Multi- and Cross-lingual Tasks. In ACL 2021 (Long Oral).
- Renze Lou*, Yutong Wang*, Kai Zhang*, Maoyan Chen and Yujiu Yang. MORE: A Metric Learning Based Framework for Open-Domain Relation Extraction. In ICASSP 2021.
- Renze Lou*, Fan Zhang*, Xiaowei Zhou, Yutong Wang, Minghui Wu, Lin Sun. A Unified Representation Learning Strategy for Open Relation Extraction with Ranked List Loss. In CCL 2021.
- Research Assistant @ Penn State University.
-- Supervised by Prof. Wenpeng Yin. Aug. 2022 ~ Present.
- Research Assistant @ The Chinese University of Hongkong (Shenzhen).
-- Cooperated with Prof. Yan Song and Yuanhe Tian (University of Washington). Oct. 2021 ~ May 2022.
- Research Intern @ Dartmouth College.
-- Worked closely with Prof. Soroush Vosoughi and Weicheng Ma. Oct. 2020 ~ Aug. 2021.
- Research Intern @ Tsinghua Shenzhen International Graduate School.
-- Advised by Prof. Yujiu Yang. Jun. 2020 ~ Oct. 2020.
- Research Assistant @ Zhejiang University City College.
-- Advised by Prof. Lin Sun and Kai Zhang (Ohio State University). Jul. 2020 ~ Mar. 2021.
- Outstanding Technical Contribution Grant for OpenVINO.
-- Awarded by Intel, 2022.
- Outstanding Graduates of Zhejiang Province.
-- Awarded by Zhejiang Provincial Government, 2022.
- Zhejiang Provincial Government Scholarship.
-- Awarded by Zhejiang Provincial Government, 2021.
PC Member (Reviewer):
ACL Rolling Review (since 2023);
ACL (since 2023);
EMNLP (since 2022);
Instruction Workshop @ NeurIPS 2023;
UDM @ KDD 2023;
ToM @ ICML 2023;
EMNLP (since 2021);
Leadership: Co-Founder of CCAi.
renze.lou (at) psu (dot) edu
- Average Response Time: within 24 hours (I constantly check my email).